Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Problem relearning TPMS sensors with TS5...
Problem relearning TPMS sensors with TS508 - never prompts to connect ODB cable

947 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2021-11-22 00:03:25

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Mark Gessner
    2021-11-22 00:03:25
    EDIT TO ADD: PROBLEM SOLVED!  You have to SCAN the no-sensor spare tire until a red X comes up on the screen.  You can't just hit N and escape from scanning it.  I found this important piece of information buried on some obscure instruction screen in the device. 

I have a 2018 Subaru Outback.  Using TS508 to try to swap summer to winter tires and extinguish the dreaded TPMS light in the dash.  

I have watched every YouTube video on this subject and the process appears to be trivial.  

Yet when I try Position Relearn / OBD relearn and finish scanning every tire (all four tires, but the spare has no TPMS sensor so I hit N to cancel its scan), the screen does NOT prompt me to connect the OBD cable: "Please connect OBD and turn ignition on."  It just stays on the overhead view of the car with the tire pressures indicated in green.  

Therefore I can not write TPMS data to the car's ECU via the OBD port.

What am I doing wrong?  

Grasping at straws here I'm thinking that possibly it needs a tire pressure value for the spare in order to proceed to the next screen prompting for me to connect the OBD cable. How do I tell the device that there is no spare tire sensor in my car?  All the videos I've seen, the machine will immediately prompt to connect the OBD cable after scanning the last (4th) tire.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    Edit to add:
    I did update the device right out of the box before doing anything.
    Sys Software Version V1.28
    Hardware version V1.00
    Sensor Version V6.23
    Vehicle Version V1.80
    Manufacture Date 7/11/2021

Total1 Pages